[jhc] Emitting Optimal C

Rick R rick.richardson at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 17:41:43 EST 2009

It doesn't explicitly forbid GC in the Developer agreement. However,
cocoa's own garbage collector is removed in the iPhone SDK. In the
docs describing the API, it indicates that using Apple's your own GC
is disallowed. This means its not part of the official agreement,
however, since they're allowed to reject apps for any reason, I don't
feel comfortable using it. Ref counting is the official and most
common form of memory management on the iPhone.

Somewhere there are official specs on how many resources are provided
to your app. I can't find them now, but they seemed quite reasonable
for a phone.

--
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used
when we created them.