[jhc] darcs patch: Add Control.Monad.Instances to base package (and 4 more)

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Tue Mar 18 23:06:25 EDT 2008

Hi, could you re-record all of your patches dealing with getting
instances of function to work as a single patch with the finished
result?  (just the jhc changes, not the library ones)

Also, if you arn't already, running the regression suite between every
change to the type system is good. (perl regress/regress.prl) will do
that. That suite really needs to be fleshed out actually, I will probably
add some of the more problematic nobench programs to it.

Is the arrows package available seperately from ghc? if so, I would
rather have it be a separate library and not in 'base' for jhc.. perhaps
we should do something like we do for the haskell98 package, have the
user pull down that darcs repo and just include appropriate 'cabal'
files in the jhc repo, that might be a better long term solution.

        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈