[jhc] darcs patch: Avoid unnecessary substitutions.

Lemmih lemmih at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 08:14:09 EST 2008

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 1:50 AM, John Meacham <john at repetae.net> wrote:
> I am not sure if this transformation is valid. Mainly, the 'info' and
>  'type' fields of the tvr may have been modified by other transformations
>  so the variable may need to be substituted anyway even if its ident is
>  the same.

Right, but if the info has changed then the occurance (sic)  is set to
LoopBreaker. Anyhow, I see your point. I don't like the patch so feel
free to discard it. It's just a shame that doing an empty run requires
as much memory as an full run. That is, doing no optimizations is as
expensive as doing a ton of optimization.

  Lemmih