[jhc] ANNOUNCE: jhc 0.5.20080301 is out

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Sat Mar 1 22:46:33 EST 2008

the much anticipated first 0.5 release is out. This incorperates
Lemmih's great performance patches, a completely new mechanism for
collecting and processing ho files, and a reworking of the rules
infrastructure.

in addition: jhc now has the beginnings of a manual!

http://repetae.net/computer/jhc/manual.html

The manual is in its infancy, and not quite complete or correct, but I
hope to expand it quickly now that the infrastructure is in place.

users of fedora linux can install simply via the following command:
; rpm -U http://repetae.net/computer/jhc/drop/jhc-0.5.20080301-1.i386.rpm
there are also tarballs for other distributions.

information is at the homepage here: http://repetae.net/computer/jhc

jhc currently passes all its regressions but one (BinaryTrees) but I
decided to make a release anyway since there has been a lot of work
done. Once I figure out the bug affecting this last regression, I will
make another point release and do a more general announcement on the
main haskell list.

enjoy!

        John

--