[Haskell-iPhone] Bumpy ride down tetris clone lane.

Schell Scivally efsubenovex at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 20:49:31 UTC 2014

Thanks Luke, Carter. It does look like I'm running into the same problem as
a lot of other people WRT OpenGLRaw. I'm keeping notes on my porting
project at http://wiki.zyghost.com/Dev/iOS#hurdles which includes the
errors I'm talking about. Also, I need more emergency kittens, stat!

On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 8:17 PM, Luke Iannini <lukexipd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Schell,
>
> I think both the OpenGL package issues are not iOS specific; they just
> make heavy use of CPP and thus into yet more yucky clang cpp stuff (I
> believe I saw a report on one of the main haskell lists of someone running
> into the same thing, with some mention of switching to ## for symbol
> concatenation, and that lens had to do the same thing recently) — I can't
> install them with regular old cabal either. Which is sort of good news,
> because it means if you can debug them for regular OS X use they should
> work for iOS too : ).
>
> I haven't needed these particular packages yet so I haven't looked into it
> too much, but yeah, post the errors and we'll start figuring out how to fix
> them up for clang!
>
> Cheers
> Luke
>

> On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 8:02 PM, Carter Schonwald <
> carter.schonwald at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> schell, remember, you need to provide pastes/gist links of the (full)
>> build errors or we can't help you. please start erring on the side of
>> sharing TOO much information, or we can't help you.
>>
>> with no information, we can only offer emergency kittens<https://twitter.com/EmrgencyKittens/status/419675900977119232/photo/1> and
>> perhaps cookies if you're near a bakery that does delivery. (and probably
>> not the latter :) )
>>

>> On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 10:20 PM, Schell Scivally <efsubenovex at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> So I'm into the actual porting part of my project and I've run into a
>>> number of bumps. They all revolve around not being able to build certain
>>> packages. So far the packages I can't build are:
>>>
>>> OpenGLRaw
>>> OpenGL
>>> Lens

>>> http://github.com/schell