[Haskell-iPhone] Who's got a toolchain actually building executables that they can deploy to iOS devices?

mikel evins mevins at me.com
Tue Nov 9 16:09:14 EST 2010

Ryan,

I'm attempting to use the binaries of your modified GHC with XCode 3.2.5. Having set up a Haskell target as your notes describe, with the built tool configured to be the build-iphone-haskell.sh supplied, I get an error from the tools complaining that no .cabal file exists.

In point of fact, a suitable .cabal file does exist in the directory that contains the Haskell sources I want to build, so I'm guessing that I have one of the following things wrong:

- the .cabal file is not where the script expects it to be

- there should be some sort of coordination between the target name and the name of the .cabal file

- the Haskell target should have the .cabal file or perhaps the Haskell sources added to it (this appears to impossible in the usual ways; the Haskell external target does not accept these files when I try to drop them on it

...or perhaps I've botched some other aspect of the install and setup. Do you have any suggestions as to what I ought to try next?

--me