[Hugs-users] Installing libraries (specifically haskore)

Ross Paterson ross at soi.city.ac.uk
Wed Feb 21 20:06:12 EST 2007

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 07:46:17PM -0500, Bob Harris wrote:
> I have hugs98 installed and working (on Mac OSX), and I'm now trying
> to 'install' haskore (this is my motivation for trying haskell)
> http://www.haskell.org/haskore .  I have downloaded haskore but am not
> sure how to install it.  The readme file for haskore says
>
> 	The best way to use the system with Hugs is to drop the entire
> 	Haskore
> 	directory into Hugs/lib (replacing the one that's there).  All of
> 	the files
> 	except this README file are in the directory Src.
>
> I have no such directory, Hugs/lib.  The readme files is seven years
> old so it is apparently talking about how things were done in 2000.
> The most likelly candidate (as the equivalent to Hugs/lib) I find is
> /opt/local/lib/hugs , or perhaps one of its subdirectories (oldlib,
> programs, and packages all seem like plausible choices).  Can anyone
> tell me where I should put the Haskore directory?

The modern equivalent is be to copy the Src directory to
/opt/local/lib/hugs/packages/Haskore.  Unfortunately Haskore also uses
some obsolete stuff: replace fromInt with fromIntegral, and see

	http://www.mail-archive.com/haskell-cafe@haskell.org/msg16664.html

for replacements for IOExtensions.  You'll also need

	import Control.Concurrent (bracket)

for the first one.