[Hugs-users] Hugs98-plus-Sept2006

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 10:32:22 EST 2006

Hi

> The books says that Hugs will show the prompt 'Prelude>'
> initially until a script is loaded. The version of Hugs installed
> on my system shows initially the prompt 'Hugs>'

Whether it says "Hugs" or "Prelude" isn't important, you can just
ignore this. In Hugs> module the Prelude is in scope.

As for the primitive operations, you shouldn't use them, ever. If you
want to add two things use (+). They are merely an internal
implementation detail, which I guess should never have been available
to the user in the first place, and now isn't. I guess its a shame
that a book that is only 2 years old is out of date, perhaps you might
want to contact the authors to give them this information, so they can
put it on a web page or something and save other people this
confusion.

Thanks

Neil