Problems building experimental Unicode version of Hugs on Windows

Ross Paterson ross at soi.city.ac.uk
Fri Jan 9 18:53:57 EST 2004

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 05:52:47PM +0000, Graham Klyne wrote:
> This message notes some edits I'm making to try and build the Dec2003 Hugs
> source kit with Unicode under MS-Windows (because I want to try and use
> HXML toolbox under Hugs).  It also describes a problem I'm having with the
> experimental Unicode support under Windows.

Thanks for trying this out, and for all the details.

I believe the bugs with STDCALL_SUPPORTED and option corruption are
fixed in the CVS version.  You might like to try a new snapshot from

	http://cvs.haskell.org/Hugs/downloads/snapshots/hugs98-20040109.tar.gz

(This version also has a dynamically growing heap, I believe.)