Problem with hierarchical libraries in Hugs compared to ghc/nhc98

Simon Marlow simonmar@microsoft.com
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 12:06:16 -0000

> Better yet, drop the support for interpreting the '.' as anything but
> a hierarchial module namespace separator.  That is, use this:
>=20
> >       [ d ++ mod2dir nm ++ e | d <- dirs, e <- hugsSuffixes ]
>=20
> The last release rightly supported both old and new style names.
> We're already committed to dropping the non-hierarchial libraries
> in future releases.  Let's drop non-hierarchial names too.

I'm curious why you want to do that: in recent discussions on
glasgow-haskell-users one or two people spoke up in favour of allowing
the dotted version, and I was seriously considering adding it to GHC.  I
can't remember all the reasons off the top of my head though.

Cheers,
	Simon