Problem with hierarchical libraries in Hugs compared to ghc/nhc98

Olaf Chitil olaf@cs.york.ac.uk
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 11:09:16 +0000

Ross Paterson wrote:

> I've had a look, and it's not so hard to do what I suggested, but the
> changes would be cleaner if the search strategy for module names, currently
> [...]
> i.e. swap the first two generators.
> [...]
> Any views?

Looks fine to me.

Note that in my opinion the extra directory should only be added, if the
import or load really contained a path with slashes, not if it is a pure
hierarchical module name.

I suppose it is sensible for Hugs to accept names such as A/B/C.D.E but
it currently also accepts names such as A.B.C/D/E, which I think it
should not.

Olaf

--
OLAF CHITIL,
 Dept. of Computer Science, The University of York, York YO10 5DD, UK.