Hugs & Cygwin

Koen Claessen koen@cs.chalmers.se
Thu, 16 May 2002 19:06:21 +0200 (MET DST)

 | I do this on a fairly regular basis & just to verify,
 | the current CVS contents builds cleanly out of the
 | box.

Sorry, I should be more specific, but I thought I was
missing something obvious, a --cygwin flag to the configure
script or something maybe.

I downloaded the December2001 version, unpacked it and I ran
configure --with-readline. This seemed to work fine, as far
as I could see, the right settings were detected.

`make' works fine too.

`make install' complains about `hugs' not being there --
this should of course be `hugs.exe' under cugwin. No big
deal.

Then, when I run `hugs', a windows window (!) pops up with
an error that `cygreadline5.dll' cannot be found. I checked
in /usr/lib, and there lies a fine libreadline.a, so I do
not understand why it is using dlls in the first place. (I
would like to get this fixed though.)

When I reconfigure without --with-readline, an executable is
generated which dumps core without doing anything else right
away.

Then, I gave up.

/Koen.

--