Hugs for MacOS X

Sigbjorn Finne sof@galois.com
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 10:07:53 -0700

"Lyndon While" <lyndon@cs.uwa.edu.au> writes:

> At 8:35 am +0200 2/7/2002, Johan Nordlander wrote:
> >  > We are considering applying to the Apple University Development Fund
> >  > for support to build an integrated development environment for MacOS
> >  > X based on the (already-ported) Hugs engine. ...
> >
> >I think this would be of interest to a large portion of the Mac users.
> >The download figures for Hugs-Dec2001 show that a majority of Hugs
> >users on the Mac has switched to MacOS X already.
>
> I might be being dense here, but - where could I get these download
> figures? They might be good ammunition for our application.

They're not publically available, but for the Dec 2001 release,
there's been 290 downloads of the OS X installer vs 149 for
the other MacOS distribution. (that's an approximation & doesn't
take into account chunked downloads.)

The Windows downloads numbers are going on 11,000 ..sorry,
couldn't resist :)

--sigbjorn