Hugs for MacOS X

Hans Aberg haberg@matematik.su.se
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 13:18:15 +0200

At 15:01 +0800 2002/07/02, Lyndon While wrote:
>>The download figures for Hugs-Dec2001 show that a majority of Hugs
>>users on the Mac has switched to MacOS X already.
>
>I might be being dense here, but - where could I get these download
>figures? They might be good ammunition for our application.

This is a good question, because I recall that the version that Pablo Azero
and I made never was at the Hugs official site. Johan Nordlander made his
own MacOS pre-X version which does not have the many feature our version
has, which is probably what his figures refer to. :-)

I think though there is no point for a MacOS developers to spend any time
on MacOS pre-X, not only is that OS essentially defunct, developing on that
platform is extremely time consuming. And from the point of view of
computer science, it is not very interesting, basically an exercise in low
mem programming where the programming is doing the GC by hand.

  Hans Aberg