[HOpenGL] Fwd: Vector operations on datatypes in Tensor library...

MIMUW mgajda at mimuw.edu.pl
Sun Mar 3 18:10:22 CET 2013

Hi Balazs,

That sounds nice, but is there any timeline for replacing types used by
current version of OpenGL by those in vect?
Since as far as I understand, vect-opengl gives just typecasts,
and thus doesn't really address a problem of using many different
Vector/Vertex types in place of one, and requiring typecasts.

Thus we have AC-Vector that serves similar purpose as vect (and probably
few more similar packages, like hmatrix.)

 > the vect library: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/vect
 > and its OpenGLl companion: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/vect-opengl
 >
 > were written specifically for doing computer graphics. It probably
contains
 > all vector/matrix operations you need. If this is not the case, I'm happy
 > to hear suggestions.
 >
 > I don't think there is a better alternative at the moment (definitely
 > nothing close in coverage of functionality).
 > (disclaimer: I'm the author of these)
 >
 > Historical note: The Tensor package was born because the original
author of
 > the OpenGL package felt that it makes sense to make it separate from the
 > big OpenGL package. He planned a serious refactoring/rewrite of the
OpenGL
--
   Best regards
     Michal