[HOpenGL] Why OpenGL 3.2 bindings

Myles C. Maxfield myles.maxfield at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 19:36:27 CET 2013

I'd say that OpenGL 3.2 is still the norm nowadays. Many graphics cards out
there don't support OpenGL 4.x (meaning: no hardware support for
tessellation). Mac OSX and Mesa both only support OpenGL 3.2.

You can read the OpenGL 4.3 specifications "with changes marked" to see
what's different between the various releases. If you just want a synopsis,
check out Wikipedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenGL#OpenGL_4.0 .

--Myles