[HOpenGL] Maintaining the OpenAL and ALUT packages

Jason Dagit dagitj at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 02:38:37 CEST 2011

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 3:30 PM, Andrew Miller <andrew at amxl.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I haven't been able to get in touch with Sven Panne, who is also the
> maintainer of the OpenAL and alut packages.

Yes, he seems to be missing.

> Given the conceptual similarity between OpenAL and ALUT, and the fact there
> is no specific Haskell audio community, would anyone object if I was to
> treat this list as the maintainer of those packages (or alternatively, can
> anyone suggest any other lists that would better serve as maintainer)?

My only objection is that it seems weird to put something graphics
related as the maintainer of something audio related.  Given the
history and circumstances that's an admittedly weak objection.

Do you have any interest in being the maintainer of these libraries?
Do you plan to actively work on them?  For me, those two questions are
more important.  Given the lack of response to your initial inquiry, I
suspect no one here is planning to actively maintain these libraries
even if the maintainer field is set to this list.

Have you asked around (say on Haskell-Cafe) to see if anyone with
experience is interested in being the maintainer?

I hope that helps,
Jason