[HOpenGL] glGetBufferParameteriv

Sven Panne Sven.Panne at aedion.de
Tue May 26 12:30:11 EDT 2009

Am Samstag, 23. Mai 2009 23:24:26 schrieb David Duke:
> Does HOpenGL 2.2.3.0 have a binding for glGetBufferParameteriv, or at
> least an interface that provides the same functionality, in particular
> querying the size of a vertex buffer object? [...]

Yes, it has, because bufferData is a StateVar:

   http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/OpenGL/2.2.3.0/doc/html/Graphics-
Rendering-OpenGL-GL-BufferObjects.html#v%3AbufferData

So you can use it like:

   (size, ptr, usage) <- get (bufferData ArrayBuffer)

In general, I tried very hard to make everything a StateVar, so setting and
getting state is very similar. For most state, OpenGL allows this. What is
perhaps not so obvious is that sometimes a few state queries are combined on
the Haskell side to keep the symmetry (as in our case above).

I probably should have used something more descriptive than a triple here, and
I admit being guilty of writing far too less documentation. But
(documentation) patches are happily accepted... ;-)

Cheers,
   S.