[HOpenGL] glGetBufferParameteriv

David Duke djd at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Sat May 23 17:24:26 EDT 2009

Does HOpenGL 2.2.3.0 have a binding for glGetBufferParameteriv, or at
least an interface that provides the same functionality, in particular
querying the size of a vertex buffer object?   I haven't been able to
locate something suitable through the index, but may be missing a
combination.

[By way of explanation, I'm currently running into a segmentation fault
with a program that attempts to use a "large" vertex buffer object,
~500MB.  Its likely the bufferData request exceeds resources, but I'm
trying to confirm this, and the usual method seems to be calling
glGetBufferParameteriv with GL_BUFFER_SIZE as an arg.   If there is
another way of checking vertex buffer allocation, that would also be
useful to know ...].

thanks,
David

Dr. David Duke                      E: djd at comp.leeds.ac.uk
School of Computing                 W: www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/djd/
University of Leeds                 T: +44 113 3436800
Leeds, LS2 9JT, U.K.