[HOpenGL] Texture Rectangle support

Sven Panne Sven.Panne at aedion.de
Sun May 10 08:00:19 EDT 2009

Am Mittwoch, 6. Mai 2009 20:26:53 schrieb Jeff Heard:
> I see it in there, but i get a ToDo: error.  Is it entirely
> unsupported, or is there a workaround that doesn't involve making a
> nearest-power-of-two texture?

Support for GL_ARB_texture_rectangle is now in the OpenGL package repository
at http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/OpenGL/. I haven't released a new version
on Hackage yet, because the support for generic vertex attributes (something
totally unrelated to rectangular textures) hasn't been finished yet.

To explain this a bit more: I'm a bit reluctant to release an API which might
immediately change in the next release. The tricky part here is that OpenGL
3.1 differentiates between 3 ways of handling integral vertex attributes:
Conversion to normalized floating point, conversion to unnormalized floating
point, and keeping integral values. This is not yet really reflected in the
current API in the repository.

Cheers,
   S.