[HOpenGL] OpenGL with wxWidgets

Chris Perez astroboyqu at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 13:48:08 EST 2007

I am working with wxHaskell, Yes I agree It's GUI constructin is so nice to
work with, alot simpler and easier to debug than most other GUI packages I
have tried, I looked at the OpenGL examples in wxHaskell but I cannot seem
to get them to work with what I want to do. I get the same Kind of crashing
when I run them. I will try to look into it deeper and if I find anything I
will post it.

On 2/22/07, Jamin A. Ohmoto-Frederick <jamin1001 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Are you doing wxWidgets in Haskell or some other
> language?  There is wxHaskell, a type-safe wrapper
> around wxWidgets, which already has at least 2 opengl
> examples.  I tried these briefly but the builds
> immediately crashed on me (I never looked into it very
> far).
>
> Although, I have used wxHaskell without OpenGL with
> good success, and it is much cleaner that what I have
> ever seen before in GUI creation, once you get used to
> the style.  If you there is something wrong with the
> GUI structure, you usually get a compile error,
> instead of a run-time error or crash.
>

> --- Chris Perez <astroboyqu at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Ok,  Brand new problem, I have OpenGL working in
> > Haskell and compiling, and
> > I have been working with wxWidgets to make the GUI
> > process easier. Now I am
> > trying to work out a way to combine the two. I
> > haven't been able to do it
> > successfully because they seem to create different
> > kinds of windows, but I
> > would like it if it would be possible to Open a
> > frame with wxWidgets then
> > inside the frame as one of the panels Have some
> > OpenGL running , on which I
> > could apply buttons from the parent frame to. I
> > can't seem to find any easy
> > way to do this and have been reading through the
> > documentation for both. Any
> > suggestions?
> >
> > --
> > Without Wax,