[HOpenGL] Installation (ok!), but ...

Patrick Scheibe mai99dnn at studserv.uni-leipzig.de
Mon May 2 13:36:05 EDT 2005

Hi,

Ok, there are some things you have to know:

1. You have to tell ghc, that you want the HOpenGl Package when you compile
some stuff that needs HOpenGL. You can do this with

ghc -package OpenGL

2. It is maybe a good idea to use the --make option. That checks the
dependencies.

I think that will not solve your problem. For some reason the ghc doesn't find
the right files. It looks like that you use the (old) samples from the
separate HOpenGL package.
You have to use the samples from the ghc source under:

ghc-6.4/libraries/GLUT/examples/RedBook/Planet.hs

That is very important because the HOpenGL package from the website is very
different from the ghc HOpenGL package. These two things have different
APIs...

So try this:

Go to the ghc website and download the ghc6.4 source. Go to the path:
libraries/GLUT/examples/RedBook/ and then try to compile the sample with

ghc --make -package OpenGL Planet.hs

This should work.

Cheers
Patrick