[HOpenGL] Re: OpenGL/GLUT examples crashing: known problem?

Claus Reinke claus.reinke at talk21.com
Tue Apr 12 07:04:30 EDT 2005

I'm probably the wrong person to answer most of your questions, but

> Any ideas on where I might go next?  I'd like to get to the bottom of
> this crashing problem.
>
> How can I narrow down where the problem lies?  How can I determine why
> an equivalent C program works, but the Haskell program crashes?  Is
> there a way to trace just exactly what the Haskell program is doing?

there are some opengl debuggers and tracers around - I'm googling for a
free windows one, mac users seem to have such support provided by apple,
other platforms have their own. I don't have any experience with these, but
if they only show the opengl calls, it may be possible to compare the c and
haskell runs, especially where the hopengl version tries to mimick the opengl
version closely instead of introducing higher-level abstractions.

I'd be interested in recommendations, if anyone has experience with such
tools.

cheers,
claus