[HOpenGL] light sources.

Sven Panne Sven.Panne at informatik.uni-muenchen.de
Thu Oct 9 18:10:39 EDT 2003

Patrick Scheibe wrote:
> I have problems to get a fixed light source. The light seems to rotate
> together with my model.

Apart from a totally black screen because of a sign error, this seems
to be the most popular bug *everybody* does. Welcome to the club! :-)

> Are there anywhere a few examples (these under GLUT/examples/....
> are not so helpful)

I haven't finished porting all the examples from the Red Book to the
new API, so this situation should improve in the future.

> where I can have a look on other peoples work?

The first place to look is:

    http://www.opengl.org/developers/code/tutorials.html

The one I really like from this list is:

    http://nehe.gamedev.net/

And the following has a good example for lighting, IIRC:

    http://www.xmission.com/~nate/tutors.html

Cheers,
    S.