[HOpenGL] Re: GLUT documentation

Michael Weber michaelw@foldr.org
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 13:46:01 +0100

* Sven Panne <Sven_Panne@BetaResearch.de> [2003-03-19T13:16+0100]:
> Other projects (Mesa, several other OpenGL bindings, ...) simply use
> the documentation rather unchanged, but obviously don't care about
> legal issues. The HOpenGL-GLUT docs are *not* simply a cut-n-paste
> job, the API is quite different from the C API, so I finally got a
> bit fed up with this legal issue...  >:-(

At some point, someone managed to contact Mark, and got a statement
allowing to modify and distribute libglut out of him:

	     http://www.fifi.org/doc/glutg3-dev/copyright

But unfortunately Mark didn't respond to my inquiry regarding the
docs. :/

> Perhaps I should nuke the above passage from the documentation and
> replace it with credits to Mark.

If you can (legally) do so, that would be fine!  Otherwise I'd have to
pull HOpenGL from Debian (http://bugs.debian.org/171151 , for
reference).

Cheers,
Michael
--
 /~\ ASCII ribbon | "> When is ghc going to implement full Haskell? :)
 \ / campaign     |  when is hbc going to reach version 1.0 ? :)"