[HOpenGL] Getting GLU entry points at runtime

Carl R. Witty cwitty@newtonlabs.com
13 Jun 2003 10:15:25 -0700

Sven Panne <Sven.Panne@informatik.uni-muenchen.de> writes:

> Does anybody know if there is way to get the proc addresses for
>
>     gluUnProject4
>     gluBuild3DMipmaps
>
> dynamically i.e. at runtime? They appeared in GLU 1.3, WinDoze comes
> with GLU 1.2, and glXGetProcAddress seems to be agnostic about GLU
> functions (probably wglGetProcAddress behaves similarly). So I'm a bit
> stuck here...  :-(

The GLU routines are not part of the vendor drivers; they are a
separate layer on top of OpenGL.  So, if the Windows version of GLU
does not export gluBuild3DMipmaps, I'm pretty sure that means there's
no implementation of that function at all.

Carl Witty