[HOpenGL] GLUT.MouseButton

Glynn Clements glynn.clements@virgin.net
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 19:08:29 +0000

Sven Panne wrote:

> While I'm at it: I really like to hear opinions and improvements of the
> API

Some of the data types should be a little less abstract. E.g.
TextureName should implement Eq, types which consist solely of nullary
constructurs should implement Enum (and maybe Bounded, Ix);
implementing Show is useful for debugging.

Functions which operate upon arrays (e.g. texImage?D, build?DMipmaps,
scaleImage etc) shouldn't require the user to perform the
[un]marshalling.

> API, e.g. the vertex specification stuff like

I find the current interface to be, in general, an improvement over
C's myriad type-specific variants.

It might be useful to have classes to unify the different types of
"vector" (Vector*, Vertex*, Normal*; maybe TexCoord* and Color*) of a
given dimension; this would allow utility functions (e.g. dot-product)
to work on any of them.

--
Glynn Clements <glynn.clements@virgin.net>