[HOpenGL] problems compiling hopengl

Sven Panne Sven_Panne@BetaResearch.de
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 09:52:07 +0100

chris wrote:
> [...]
> GL_PerFragment__57.o(.text+0x12c): undefined reference to `glBlendEquation'
> gmake[2]: *** [BlendEqn] Error 1
> gmake[1]: *** [all] Error 1
> gmake: *** [all] Error 1
>
> i am running freebsd 4.7 RC with ghc-5.04.1, mesa-3.4.2_2, and
> green-card-2.04_1.

Hmmm, I assume that you are using the latest HOpenGL version (1.03).
The problem seems to be that your (ancient) Mesa version is lying: It
probably says that it implements OpenGL 1.2, but doesn't actually
provide glBlendEquation. Possible solutions:

   * Improve HOpenGL's autoconf magic to detect this and send me a patch. :-)

   * Upgrade your Mesa.

   * Simply tweak examples/redbook_HS/Makefile{,.in} to exclude
     BlendEqn.hs (variable DONTCOMPILE).

Cheers,
   S.