[HOpenGL] Hi all

Sven Panne Sven_Panne@BetaResearch.de
Mon, 08 Jul 2002 10:36:15 +0200

As already mentioned, the list *is* active, although a bit silent
recently. But from an implementor's point of view this isn't always a
bad thing, perhaps everybody is happy with the API and there are no
bugs at all?  ;-)  More seriously: What I'm still missing is some
feedback on the API itself, e.g. the MPTC stuff in the OpenGL part,
the design of the state retrieval sub-API, etc.  I'm intending to
change these parts into pure H98, but some comments on the status quo
would be very helpful.

Currently I'm testing the upcoming GHC 5.04 and the recent changes of
GreenCard and Hugs if they work well with the last HOpenGL release.
Apart from that, I'm trying to finish the rewrite of the GLUT binding
(in the fptools repository), which is almost done: Only a few
callbacks and the higher-level menu API are missing. The new features
are:

   * It doesn't require GreenCard.
   * It is written in pure H98 + FFI + hierarchical module names.
   * It comes with extensive, hyperlinked documentation.
   * And as always: Some bugs have been fixed.

Perhaps I'll re-merge this into the latest HOpenGL sources as an alpha
release for public testing.

Cheers,
   S.