[HOpenGL] Texture problem

Andre W B Furtado awfurtado@uol.com.br
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 04:55:08 -0200

I would like to write a program that does the following:

1. Create a TextureName for later use
2. Initialize GLUT and GL routines, creating a window
3. Draw something using the TextureName of step 1

Unfortunately, creating the TextureName seems not to work if no window was
created. The program above will draw an empty polygon where it should have
drawn a texture filled polygon. If I change step 1 by 2 (and vice-versa) the
program works well, but this is not exactly what I want. Does anyone know
why this happen? (in other words, why must a window be opened BEFORE I start
do deal with a TextureName?)

-- Andre