[HF-discuss] [Haskell-cafe] Do something about Cabal?

YueCompl compl.yue at icloud.com
Fri Dec 11 08:15:15 UTC 2020

Just my 2 cents of thoughts, no tool can be perfect, as human individuals. If the Haskell ecosystem can be considered a public asset of all users, contributors, it is not wise for us as the stakeholders to be adverse  of competition. Just imagine the government allowing a single military contractor to monopolize a whole category of weapons, what would come after?

Innovation and advancing comes after competition, why shouldn't we embrace that wrt the tooling of Haskell? Duplication in efforts is a relative smaller problem IMHO.

Sincerely,
Compl