[Hat] Errors building hat 2.04

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Mon Oct 2 09:47:17 EDT 2006

Thomas Davie <tatd2 at kent.ac.uk> wrote:

>    This seems to be a recurring problem.  Do we have a list of what
> ghc produces on each platform?  If we had that, I guess we could find
> a regexp that works on all known systems.

It's not so much ghc, as _gcc_, because the extra whitespace/#pragmas
are inserted by the C preprocessor.  I believe the regexp currently in
CVS is correct (not "^#" and not "^$"), but perhaps an alternative which
actually searches for numbers on a line of their own (e.g. "^[0-9]*$")
might be better.

Regards,
    Malcolm