[Hat] Hat-Observe N+M Counter?

Colin Runciman colin at cs.york.ac.uk
Fri Nov 17 08:57:45 EST 2006

Maik,
> I am wondering if there's no more M+N Counter. In the documentation is
> an explanation that it shows the number of evaluated and nonevaluated
> functions when using :info. Is there an option to set this option? I
> am using hat 2.04
The M+N counts in the :info tables of hat-observe are still shown just
as before.

You mention 'evaluated and nonevaluated' applications, but that is not
what M+N counts represent: counts of this form are used to indicate M
applications that were demanded but not successfully reduced; and N
reduced applications.  Applications whose results are never demanded are
not counted at all.

Regards
Colin R