[Hat] hat-trail and hat-observe errors

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Tue Nov 11 09:47:30 EST 2003

Thomas Davie <tatd100 at cs.york.ac.uk> writes:

> Hi, I'm getting some odd errors running hat under OS X.
>
>  > sh: resize: command not found

`resize' is a shell command related to the xterm application - it
reports the current size of the terminal window.  It seems that it
probably does not exist on MacOS X.  If you know of an equivalent
shell command, you could replace the sole use of `resize' in the
source code to use that command instead, otherwise it is perhaps
easiest just to assume a fixed size.

The function to change is:
    getTerminalSize :: IO (Int,Int)
in src/hattools/HighlightStyle.hs.  One suggestion would be to replace
its definition with
    getTerminalSize = return (80,25)

In future, we should alter the configuration script to detect whether
`resize' is available and do the right thing.

Regards,
    Malcolm