[Hat] Problems building Hat on Mac OS X

Malcolm Wallace hat@haskell.org
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 10:49:42 +0100

Stephen Pitts <smpitts@midsouth.rr.com> writes:

> Hi! I'm trying to build hat on Mac OS X 10.1, and the compile bombs with
> the following error:
>
> ghc -package-name hat -package lang -fglasgow-exts
> -fno-warn-overlapping-patterns -fno-warn-missing-methods -cpp -c -o
> /usr/local/src/hat-2.00/targets/powerpc-
> Darwin-5.5/obj/hatlib/ghc/TPreludeBuiltinTypes.o TPreludeBuiltinTypes.hs
>
> TPreludeBuiltinTypes.hs:12:
>      failed to load interface for `Hat':
>          Could not find interface file for `Hat'

Has the file Hat.hs (in directory src/hat/lib) already been compiled?
Did the compilation leave a Hat.hi file in the same directory?
I'm not aware of any significant differences between ghc on different
platforms, but it could be a difference in `make' behaviour, perhaps.

[ By the way, ghc-5.04 has a bug (in 'show'ing named fields) which
  will prevent you from getting much further with building Hat in any case.
  You either need to wait for 5.04.1 to be released, or revert to 5.02.x
  for the moment. ]

Regards,
    Malcolm