[Haskell] The Point of this List

Thorsten Wißmann s-dgq at thorsten-wissmann.de
Wed May 3 18:07:20 UTC 2023

Hi all,

I agree: I wondered too what the point (or better say 'scope') of this
list is. I say this as someone who sent multiple conference
announcements / CFPs to this list ('CALCO' / 'CMCS' from coalg.org if
you're interested ☺). Before sending the CFPs, it wasn't clear whether
it is appropriate or might be considered annoying or even spam. So I
definitely welcome some criteria, which could be put on:

In particular, I'd find it helpful to have the following questions
answered there:

  - When sending call for papers, which topics are in scope? (functional
    programming in general? "software"? Category theory? "Math"?..)
  - Are deadline extensions or further follow-up mails allowed? (e.g.
    call for participation?)

Whether cfp-senders stick to these rules is then a separate issue, which
can be solved by blocking repeated off-topic announcements. My personal
intention is to advertise, of course, but only among those who might be
potentially interested :-)

Best,
Thorsten

--