[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: mm2: The library that can be used for optimization of multiple (Ord a) => a -> b transformations

olexandr543 at yahoo.com olexandr543 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 21 18:29:02 UTC 2019

 Hello!
Matthew, no, I don't benchmark this library, it should be more sufficient theoretically because it uses binary search rather than linear, and the first one is known to be more efficient. I used the similar technique for writing code for my project mm1. There I firstly used case but then manually made optimization using case and guards and if-then-else. You can see it for different releases for mm1. The manually optimized program being added additional functionality after optimizing were a little more efficient, but it should be mentioned that most time while it is running the espeak and sox being worked, so I think it should be more efficient for such situations.

|  |  |

|  |
OleksandrZhabenko/mm1

Program that reads Ukrainian text using eSpeak and SoX. - OleksandrZhabenko/mm1

I can try to do benchmarking, but it needs some time in advance.
Thank you for your advice!
Best regards,Oleksandr Zhabenko.

    субота, 21 вересня 2019 р., 21:26:35 GMT+3, Олександр Жабенко <olexandr576 at yahoo.com> написав:

    субота, 21 вересня 2019 р., 20:04:32 GMT+2, olexandr543 at yahoo.com <olexandr543 at yahoo.com> написав:

[...]

    субота, 21 вересня 2019 р., 15:46:38 GMT+2, Matthew Pickering <matthewtpickering at gmail.com> написав:

 Have you benchmarked this library?
I don't see how using a vector can be any faster than using a case.