[Haskell] PhD student positions in the Functional Programming group at Chalmers

Mary Sheeran ms at chalmers.se
Fri Oct 19 08:16:06 UTC 2018

Two PhD student positions in Functional Programming for guaranteed security
in the Internet of Things

The Octopi Project is led by Alejandro Russo, with Koen Claessen, John
Hughes, Carl-Johan Seger and Mary Sheeran as PIs. We will develop new ways
to program securely for the Internet of Things, working on everything from
the programming model to hardware design. We have already appointed three
doctoral students, and now we want to appoint two more, with emphasis on
ways to express locality in computations and also on designing hardware for
executing functional languages directly and efficiently. Carl-Johan Seger
and Mary Sheeran will supervise the two new students, and they will join an
amazing team. This is a real job with a decent salary for five years, and
Gothenburg is a great place to live.

The following link gives more details and it is through the link that you
apply by pressing the button labelled Ansök. The deadline is October 31.

http://www.chalmers.se/sv/om-chalmers/Arbeta-pa-Chalmers/lediga-tjanster/Sidor/default.aspx?rmpage=job&rmjob=6691&rmlang=SE

Please consider applying, or advising your best students to apply.

Mary Sheeran, Carl-Johan Seger and the Octopi team