[Haskell] [Google Summer of Code 2018] Student Applications are now open

Dan Burton danburton.email at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 01:50:31 UTC 2018

Pardon the tangent, but if I could just throw in my two cents about this.

The Haskell community has always been helpful, kind, and inclusive of me.
This was true before I came out of the closet as gay, and remained true
afterwards as well. At a time when I was unable to turn to people in my
personal life, I was able to turn to contacts in the Haskell community. I
would not have done so if I did not explicitly know that those particular
people would be safe to turn to.

Messages of explicit inclusion need not be interpreted as divisive; they do
not imply exclusion of those not explicitly listed. I am grateful that
minorities are explicitly called out and strongly encouraged to apply in
this announcement. I am confident that haskell.org will make every effort
to support and empower all applicants.

-- Dan Burton

On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 4:06 AM, Tillmann Vogt <Tillmann.Vogt at rwth-aachen.de