[Haskell] ANN: Hackage Account Registration Changes

Geoffrey Huntley ghuntley at ghuntley.com
Fri Feb 23 00:26:53 UTC 2018

I feel that this is the wrong direction to take and will add more burden on
people that we shouldn't be adding additional burden to. It's also the
wrong "optics".

I just had a quick squizz at Hackage with a simple PR you'll be able to
remove the incentives for this behaviour.

Add "nofollow" to any links supplied by the user or that are rendered as
part of parsing user input.

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/96569?hl=en

The .NET ecosystem recently went through these same notions for the same
reasons - here's the PR

https://github.com/NuGet/NuGetGallery/pull/4841/files