[Haskell] ANN: unicode-transforms-0.1.0.1 (unicode normalization)

Harendra Kumar harendra.kumar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 02:00:43 UTC 2016

This is for those who want unicode normalization but do not want a
dependency on the heavyweight icu libraries. It has the same API as the
text-icu package. It is based on the utf8proc C implementation.

https://hackage.haskell.org/package/unicode-transforms
https://github.com/harendra-kumar/unicode-transforms

A pure Haskell implementation is a work in progress, it works for the NFD
normalization form as of now. I could make it perform better than the
current utf8proc C implementation and it even beats the ICU implementation
in one of the benchmarks. I intend to finish it when I find time to work on
it again. Contributions are welcome!

-harendra