[Haskell] [Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: GHC version 7.10.2

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Thu Jul 30 17:04:33 UTC 2015

James M <jmartin at eecs.berkeley.edu> writes:

> There was talk from an earlier email thread of releasing the Haskell
> Platform at the same time as 7.10.2.
>
> I am referring to the weekly news of 2015/05/11:
> https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/blog/weekly20150511
>
> and this email thread:
> https://mail.haskell.org/pipermail/ghc-devs/2015-May/008911.html
>

> Was this plan abandoned? Or was there something unexpected that is delaying
> it?

Not at all! There ended up being a bit of timing skew between the Platform
and GHC releases but an approximately concurrent release is still the
plan. The Platform folks are hard at work as we speak, in the final
stages of pushing out their release. I expect it will be announced
shortly.

Unfortunately due to the late notice of the text issue, the initial
release will ship with text-1.2.1.1, which is still affected by the
rewrite issue. That being said, the impact of this issue is mostly on
compile time, in most cases you shouldn't see much impact on runtime
performance. Moreover, they will be working to push out another release
with text-1.2.1.3 in the coming days.

Cheers,

- Ben