[Haskell] 2nd CFP: SCSS 2013

Josep Silva Galiana jsilva at dsic.upv.es
Wed Sep 18 16:55:24 CEST 2013

[Please post - apologies for multiple copies]

                         Call for Papers

 JOURNAL OF LOGIC AND ALGEBRAIC PROGRAMMING

                        Special Issue on

 Automated Specification and Verification of Web Systems

      http://www.dsic.upv.es/~jsilva/wwv2013/jlap2014/<http://rap.dsi.unifi.it/wwv2011/jlap-wwv.html>

IMPORTANT DATES

Submission of papers: October 15, 2013

First review decision: January 15, 2014

Revision due: February 30, 2014

Acceptance notification: April 15, 2014

Final manuscript due:  May 15, 2014

Expected publication: Summer/Autumn 2014

AIMS AND SCOPE

This special issue of the Journal of Logic and Algebraic Programming (JLAP,
http://www.journals.elsevier.com/the-journal-of-logic-and-algebraic-programming/)
is devoted to the topics of:

- the 9th International Workshop on Automated Specification and
Verification of Web Systems (WWV 2013,
http://www.dsic.upv.es/~jsilva/wwv2013/<http://users.dsic.upv.es/~jsilva/wwv2012/>),
which took place on June 2013 in Firenze, as part of the International
Federated Conferences on Distributed Computing Techniques (DisCoTec 2013).

This is however an open call for papers, therefore both participants of the
workshops and other authors are encouraged to submit contributions.

The aim of this special issue is to provide an interdisciplinary forum to
facilitate the cross-fertilization and the advancement of hybrid methods
that exploit concepts and tools drawn from Rule-based programming, Software
engineering, Formal methods and Web-oriented research.

Nowadays, many companies and institutions have diverted their Web sites
into interactive, completely-automated, Web-based applications for, e.g.,
e-business, e-learning, e-government and e-health. The increased complexity
and the explosive growth of Web systems have made their design and
implementation a challenging task. Systematic, formal approaches to their
specification and verification can permit to address the problems of this
specific domain by means of automated and effective techniques and tools.

We solicit original papers on topics of either theoretical or applied
interest, which include, but are not limited to:

- Approaches to Web system analysis, certification, specification,
verification, and optimization.

- Languages and models for programming and designing Web systems.

- Formal methods for describing and reasoning about Web systems.

- Model-checking, synthesis and debugging of Web systems.

- Analysis and verification of linked data.

- Web information retrieval.

- Abstract interpretation and program transformation applied to the
semantic Web.

- Intelligent tutoring and advisory systems for Web specifications
authoring.

- Middleware and frameworks for composition and orchestration of Web
services.

- Web quality and Web metrics.

- Web usability and accessibility.

- Testing and evaluation of Web systems and applications.

SUBMISSION

We expect original articles (typically 20-30 pages; submission of larger
papers will be evaluated depending on editorial constraints) that present
high-quality contributions that have not been previously published in
another journal and that must not be simultaneously submitted for
publication elsewhere. Each paper will undergo a thorough evaluation by at
least two reviewers. The authors will have about 50 days to incorporate the
comments of the reviewers and submit a revised version of their papers,
which will be evaluated again by the reviewers to make a final decision.

Contributions should be in PDF format and must comply with JLAP's author
guidelines, which can be retrieved from
http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/621520/authorinstructions.
The manuscripts must be written in English and should be prepared using the
Elsevier LaTeX package.

Submissions are handled using the Elsevier Editorial System and can be
uploaded using the following link:

  http://ees.elsevier.com/jlap/default.asp

In the submission process, the authors must select the article type 'WWV
2013'.

GUEST EDITORS

António Ravara      (aravara at fct.unl.pt <lkovacs at complang.tuwien.ac.at>)
Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal