[Haskell] ANN: esqueleto-1.2.3

Felipe Almeida Lessa felipe.lessa at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 20:12:56 CEST 2013

Hey!

I'd like to announce a new version of the esqueleto package [0].
Besides SELECTs, UPDATEs, DELETEs and simple INSERTs, now esqueleto
supports INSERT FROMs as well.  We hope that esqueleto will be able to
fulfill most of your SQL querying needs.  This new feature was
contributed by Sam Anklesaria [1], thanks a lot! =)

Esqueleto is a bare bones, type-safe EDSL for SQL queries on
persistent backends.  Here's an example of what a query looks like:

    select $
    from $ \(b, p) -> do
    where_ (b ^. BlogPostAuthorId ==. p ^. PersonId)
    orderBy [asc (b ^. BlogPostTitle)]
    return (b, p)

Cheers, =)

[0] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/esqueleto (Haddocks will be