[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: haskell-src-exts 1.13.5

Niklas Broberg niklas.broberg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 11:57:18 CEST 2012

Fellow Haskelleers,

I'm pleased to announce the release of haskell-src-exts-1.13.5!

* On hackage: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/haskell-src-exts
* Via cabal: cabal install haskell-src-exts
* Darcs repo: http://code.haskell.org/haskell-src-exts

There are two primary reasons for this release: 1) to add the requested
support for UHC's 'js' FFI calling convention (in 1.13.4), and 2) to export
a stand-alone token stream lexer (in 1.13.5).

NOTE: If after reading the above, you think "wow, a token stream lexer,
I'll use that for some kind of refactoring tool", then you're most likely
wrong. Please contact me in that case and I'll tell you why. :-)

A probably unnecessary warning: This release may fail to parse some files
that were previously possible to parse, if they included RULES pragmas
using 'forall' as a varid. I really doubt any such exist, and they would
not have been accepted by GHC if they did, so I sincerely doubt that anyone
will be effected by this.

Changelog:

1.13.4 --> 1.13.5
===============

* Expose Language.Haskell.Exts.Lexer, which implements
  a standalone token stream lexer. The module is
  re-exported both by Language.Haskell.Exts and by
  Language.Haskell.Exts.Annotated.

1.13.3 --> 1.13.4
===============

* Fix bug where operators starting with # written in
  parentheses would not be parsed when UnboxedTuples is
  turned on. Now works.

* Allow 'family' and 'forall' as (non-type) varid's. This
  adds one more shift/reduce conflict to the parser, and
  its resolution means that '{-# RULES "name" forall = ... #-}'
  is not allowed.

* Complete the set of FFI calling conventions from the Haskell
  2010 report (even if no compiler implements them). Also
  include the 'js' calling convention, supported by UHC.

Cheers,

/Niklas