[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: forthcoming O'Reilly book on Parallel and Concurrent Haskell

Adam Foltzer acfoltzer at gmail.com
Thu May 17 19:49:54 CEST 2012

Hi Takayuki,

I don't think your suggestion is rude at all. In fact, several of us at
Indiana University have been hard at work extending the Par Monad [1] to
support heterogeneous parallelism across SMP, GPU, and distributed
execution resources.

Our system is called Meta-Par; it's available on hackage [2], and a
submitted draft paper is available [3]. Ryan Newton also wrote up a
tutorial in a blog post [4].

Right now the distributed implementation is quite experimental, but the
underlying infrastructure is improving quickly [5]. Hopefully it'll be in
shape to feature in Simon's exciting new project!

Cheers,
Adam

[1]:
http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/simonpj/papers/parallel/monad-par.pdf