[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: string-qq-0.0.2

Steffen Schuldenzucker sschuldenzucker at uni-bonn.de
Tue Jun 28 23:34:22 CEST 2011

On 06/28/2011 08:25 PM, Krzysztof Skrzętnicki wrote:
> What about Literate Haskell then? People write a lot of LH blog posts,
> so it would seem to be quite flexible.

IMHO, these are different tasks.

* "Embed Haskell into some other language" is solved by Literate Haskell

* "Embed some other language into Haskell" is solved by heredocs

Btw., does TH parse this correctly? (If I was TH, I would not):

 > myPHPCode = [s|
 > <?php
 > $description = "Use the quasiquoter like this: [s|some text|]";
 > print $description."\n";
 > ?>
 > |]

(the tricky part is "|]" occurring in the quoted text)

Can we escape it?

-- Steffen