[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: intel-aes-0.1.2 (Accelerated AES and RNG)

Ryan Newton newton at mit.edu
Tue Feb 8 06:25:44 CET 2011

Dear Haskellers,

I've released a package to address the topic raised by Simon in this thread:
   http://www.mail-archive.com/haskell-cafe@haskell.org/msg83901.html

I am pleased to announce that it generates random numbers as fast as
System.Random.StdGen but with better statistical properties when generators
are split.   When newer hardware supporting AESNI is available, it will run
an additional 2X faster.

You can find it here:
   http://hackage.haskell.org/package/intel-aes
   https://github.com/rrnewton/intel-aes/wiki

This release is non-portable (linux 64-bit only).  I'm looking for intrepid
Windows hackers to help me get it running on Windows.  The underlying Intel
AESNI Sample library comes with a .bat, but I haven't got it working yet.
 Likewise someone who knows how to port assembly to Mac OS...

Cheers,
  -Ryan