[Haskell] a quick question

Navin Rustagi navin_kunta at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 02:49:59 CET 2011

Hi all,

I am stuck at a piece of code and am not able to figure out the error.

uptable::[[Char]]->[([Char],Int,Int,Int,Int)]->[([Char],Int,Int,Int,Int)]
uptable (xf:xs) main_array = map (\(x,y,z,r,t)-> do if x==xf then tupup x y z r
t second xs ) main_array

here tupup and second are functions which are working .  When compiling this it
gives the error

Syntax error in expression (unexpected `)')

I am not able to figure out where I could have gone wrong. I have tried all
bracketing combinations and nothing works.

Navin