[Haskell] Haskell Weekly News: Issue 155 - October 20, 2010 (Originally posted to Haskell-Cafe)

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Fri Oct 22 07:56:38 EDT 2010

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic <ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com> writes:

>> A good email client (like Gmail), deals with this without a problem by
>> collapsing the two emails into one.

This is correct, of course.  I can fix it, if I get annoyed enough.
Unfortunately, evidence seems to indicate that the annoyed of us tend to
fix it by unsubscribing from the haskell list, thus potentially missing
some important stuff that isn't crossposted.

> However, if you check your mailing list subscription settings you can
> also get it to only send one email when you're subscribed to multiple
> lists IIRC.

I have checked the "Avoid duplicates" option in Mailman, but I think it
only looks for my person address in the address fields - I certainly do
get duplicates.

-k